Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bike, Hike, and tables.

As I said before my husband is training for a triathlon. So today he did his first race , well sort of. It was a Colon Challenge ride. So not really a race. Plus saying the word race made him to nervous. It was freezing this morning, around 40 degrees. But was suppose to get to 80 degrees. That made it hard for him to decided what to wear. He decided to dress light.



Here he is at the 12 mile mark


I figured I could get to that check point before the first riders came through. I told him I probably wouldnt make anymore check points. After that I went home to make sure my son got up to have fasting blood work done before he had to be at work. He is taking accutane and you have to have monthly blood work. Then I took the dogs to the park for a hike. Half the trails were closed at the park due to wet paths. Why didnt they close them a long time ago when it was raining all the time and the weather was crap. Now that all the bikers have wrecked the paths and the weather is nice, you can't use the trails. Ugh! Figures.So we walked some different paths. None of my pictures really turned out. Im not really sure what happened. The best one was the one at the top of the post. When we were done hiking , I stopped at one of the picnic areas . I thought I would do some table-mat work. At first I had a long line on her because I was worried about cars coming. But then I decided to take it off. In January when she had the leash on in the ring for the b-match, she would get on the table. When I took it off , she wouldnt. So I figured it was better to leave it off. No cars came.



">

Then I took the dogs home and drove over to the high school. Thats where the Colon Challenge ride ended. I was hoping I didnt miss the finish. I didnt. I had to wait about an hour until they showed up. He road with a couple of other people.





He looks happy here. I hope he is still happy tomorrow. His legs were pretty stiff after he got off the bike. This lady who road with him called her son at the 60 mile mark. She wanted him to come get her. You know what he said to her. "Finish what you start" and hung up. LoL just like a teenager to throw your words back at you. She thinks he wasnt were he was suppose to be, home, and didnt want her to find out. LoL That sounds about right. So she finished. I think the ride was about 67 miles. The map said 65 but the computers on the bikes said 67.

8 comments:

onecollie said...

busy day !!
It looks so beautiful there!

LauraK said...

Gosh, that's a long race! Looks like your mat/table work is coming along nicely. I really like that first picture, pretty setting, and pretty dogs :)

Marie said...

Wow! That's a LONG ride. I bet your husbands' leg will be sore tomorrow.

Funny, I took a hike with the dogs today too after the obedience trial, and none of my pictures really turned out either. Maybe it was just something in the air today. :-P

Sara said...

I laughed when I saw that last photo of your husband. My Dad does a lot of rides like that, and that is the same pose he always does, along with the huge smile! Good for him! My dad always schedules a sports massage after long races.

Your table work was awesome. Miley didn't seem to mind you walking around at all, or having you send her from different places. Great job!

Chris and Ricky said...

Hope your husband is feeling ok today after that LONG ride yesterday!

Miley's mat work looks great!! You are doing such a good job with her!

Jules said...

Wow, Kudos to your husband. That is a long ride!

Dawn said...

I'm thinking if I made it to mile 60 of a 65 mile race I'd just suck it up and not call home...but you never know. I'm also thinking the lady's kid is going to have some "splaining" to do! LOL

Miley looks beautiful. She's so happy to be working! Sara's right, she is good about you leaving her and moving around while she's on the table. She knows the game, when are you going to try table at a trial?

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

That is really neat your hubby did that long ride, and Miley looks awesome on the table, looks like you called her to you, ran with her and sent her ahead of you and she did it marvelously-she is really looking good. The funny thing is going to be when this all gets fixed, and Miley is going to like the table so much.... you know there will come a day at a trial when you will either have her not want to get off the table or race across the ring to get to the table, LOL.