Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This should be funny but....

Yesterday we had crazy weather. First it's pouring down rain, then the sun would come out. Then back to dark skys and pouring rain. I come home from work and its starting to rain again. Stephanie comes in a short while later and says, a light is on in the car. It has two arrows and is in brackets. I told her that was the tire pressure light. I asked her if she had a flat tire. She says, I don't know. ( huh, great). I walk outside, it pouring rain, and look at the car. No flat tire.
When it stopped raining, I took Stephanie outside and showed her how to measure tire pressure and showed her where what the amount of tire pressure should be is written on the inside of the driver door. I start to measure the tire pressure and my neighbors dog, a boxer, is running lose. Its a friendly dog. She comes barreling toward me and jumps on me. Now I have muddy dog prints on my pants. Great. This didn't make me happy. Stephanie says, Mom, she probably just jump the fence again. ( Its a six foot fence) . I told her they could stop that if they really wanted to. The people who own the dog daughter was coming up the street and she called the dog but it wouldn't come. Then the mom came out and called the dog. The dog still wouldn't come, so she went back inside. Now the dog is having a good time running around. I'm still trying to finish with the car. I'm now up to showing Stephanie how to use the air compressor and put air in the tires. You should know that we have the huge puddle that forms in our driveway every time is rains. The puddle yesterday was about 5 feet long and 3 feet wide. When I get to the side of the car that is next to the puddle, the boxer come barreling over splashing thur the puddle. I jump out of the way. The dogs runs away and I start again. The dog comes back, this time really living it up going thur the puddle. Stephanie is laughing it up. The dog was having the best time with the puddle. The more she ran through, the better time she was having. She had just found something great to do. I'm not seeing the humor is all this. Finally Stephanie stands between me and the puddle so I can finish what I'm doing. We get done and go inside. I'm not sure where the dog went. After I thought about it, it was pretty funny but I just couldn't see the humor in it at the time.

3 comments:

Sara said...

At least you didn't have to clean up a wet, muddy dog!

I wouldn't have thought it was funny at the time either. Dogs shouldn't be loose and out of control.

However, if I had seen a video of the whole shenanigans, I probably would have laughed! Silly dogs, dumb owners.

Dawn said...

The funniest things are those things we look back at and can't stop laughing about! This will be a moment you remember long after Stephanie is grown with her own kids.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

OOOH, too bad you didnt have video, LOL, sounds like the doggie was having a grand time anyway!