Saturday, April 18, 2009

ASSA Nationals Herding







Today we went to the herding trials. They were held near Athens,Ga. We got a late start and didn't leave until 7am. But we got there just in time to see my friend Maribeth run her dog. Actually she had 2 dogs to run. The sheep were very spooky and were running away from everyone. It was a hard trial with the sheep. Maribeth's second dog was in starters ( I think that is what it is called). It was her youngest dog named Fiver and she is under 2 years old. They did very well. The sheep were controlled and the dog was controlled. Even I could tell it was a great run. (Do they can it a run in herding?) Maribeth won the class and took High in trial for the whole herding trial. I told her, "I hope you aren't expecting that from me tomorrow, because it isn't going to happen". She laughed and said its never happened to her before either. It was great seeing her again. I think its been about 20 years since we have seen each other. She looked exactly the same. WooHoo, I'm so glad she won.

4 comments:

Sara said...

That is so cool that she won! You two could pass for sisters.

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow - congratulations to Maribeth!

Hope you and Miley have fun today!

OBay Shelties said...

I am so jealous; I haven't been to a sheltie national for so long! I always did herding at the sheltie nationals. I think the judge in the photo is Sherry Lee? She bred one of my dogs (the mother of Zen). Are you going to the show later in the week? Sheltie shopping usually is out of this world!

Anja said...

I wish I had a herding Sheltie, think that is great !
Enjoying your posts very much !!