Saturday, April 4, 2009

GCOC trial

Well, we had lots of problems. First ,lets go with the good. She didn't break any start line stays, thought about it, but didn't. She didn't start running her own course. She did get on the table and did the weaves correctly except once when we were off course and she backed a jump which made the entry into the weaves impossible. And at the end of the runs, she came to my side when called. The bad, she jumped her contacts big time. By the end of the day, she took flying leaps off the dog walk.



Novice Standard



So after this run, I decided to work a 2o/2o on the bleachers. We practiced several times during the day, running across and stopping. I had planned to do Novice fast, which had a dogwalk in it.

Our next run was Open JWW. I'm not sure what happened but there was a dummy jump next to the jump she was suppose to take. She took the dummy jump. It looks like she didnt read the cue, and instead of coming with me to the right, she went straight ahead. So then she realized that I was going right and she took the back side of the right jump. But since she took the jump the wrong way, she couldn't get into the weaves right and had to go in at the 2nd pole. I could have fixed it, but I just left it. Then I didn't get my front cross in and had to rear cross. Then she dropped a bar after a rear cross a little later. So you can see things just fell apart.

Open JWW

The last run was Novice fast. I really didn't care about this run except to try and make her do a 2o/2o. I was not successful. She really took a flying leap. Twice. The funny part is we Q ed and took 2nd place with 61 points in 27 seconds. That just struck me as funny.

Novice Fast

I didn't hear the judge say, "nice run" after my dog ran. Hmmm, wonder why? LOL

So what is my plan. I don't know, but I'm not letting her run standard tomorrow. She will just run JWW.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my she is FAST! Maybe she's just wound up after all the down time and underwater therapy and she's so happy to be running running running that she's leaping for joy?! Guess not, ey? :) You just never know what they're thinking do you!

Sara said...

Good luck today. I think once you guys get back to training like you were before, Miley's contacts will become more consistent. Maybe all the time in the water as sloshed up her brain.

Congrats on your Q!

Chris and Ricky said...

Hey, in the "good" part, you left out that you didn't do the helicopter things with your arms - looks like you're doing the keep your arm lower thing and it looks like Miley is reading you well when going to jumps and stuff - I thought you looked really good, Diana!

The leaping off the contacts is funny when you are the one watching and not the one who paid the entry fee to run the dog - because Miley is having so much fun leaping into the air off the dogwalk, etc. It's like she made up her own rules where it's important not to touch the yellow at all - LOL! She is a joy to watch - she's just so happy to be out there!

Hope today goes well and that you have fun! We're living vicariously through you this weekend!

Lian said...

Miley is very fast! I guess she is all fine now from her foot problem.