Friday, April 3, 2009

I survived!

Well , I survived the field trip. It was a looong day. Nothing terrible happened. Just one sick kid with vomiting. One thing I'm learning about 6th grades is they over react. I'm not sure why. Ive taken care of all age level kids but Im just not prepared for kids acting this way. On Monday , I get a call over the walkie that a kid is having stomach pain at recess and I need to come get her with a wheel chair. You can hear over the radio the kid screaming bloody murder. So I go out there expecting something bad, and when I get there she is walking around. I still take her to the health room in the wheel chair. I have her lie down, press all over her stomach. Nothing seems wrong. Stomach not tender and its soft and flat. No fever and no vomiting. So I let her rest. Twenty minutes later she says, "I feel better now, I'm going to class". You could have knocked me off my chair. How can you be screaming bloody murder one minute and fine the next. I don't know, but you can if your a 6th grader.

Last night I worked Miley in the back yard. We did some pinwheels and 2o/2o. I was so excited. She nailed her 2o/2o every time. I could just say "touch" and she would jump onto the board in the right place. It was awesome. I could stay behind her and not move and she would drive down the board into the 2o/2o position. I was thinking, By George, I think shes got it". But guess what happened today? Someone took my dog and gave a different one. This one doesn't know the 2o/2o position from Adam. She couldn't do anything that the dog I had yesterday did.

Our trial is tomorrow. I don't have great expectations, especially after tonight. I would even be going, except its my club trial and I have to work all day anyway. So I'm hoping for just some small successes.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Good luck Diana and Miley! Have fun!!!

Sara said...

Glad to hear you survived the field trip - free of casualties!

I had a kid yesterday tell me, "OH my God, I feel like crap, I need to go to the nurse. I'm DYING!" I hand her a pass. She says, "What's this?" I say, "A pass to the nurse."

She just laughed, then kept doing her assignment. Guess she was feeling better? Kids.

Good luck at your trial! Wonder which Miley will show up? Smiley Miley or Guiley Miley?

Jules said...

Good luck!

Chris and Ricky said...

Good luck at your trial! We'll be excited to here how it goes!

Natasha said...

Have fun at the trial!