Sunday, April 26, 2009

B-Match

">
I will talk more about yesterday in another post. So this will just be about the b-match. They finished this trial really early. They were done by 2pm. The b-match started at 2:45 and boy was it hot. At least for my dog it was and she hadn't been there all day either. She kept looking for shade. Poor dog. I tried to keep her in the shade as much as possible. I did wet her down and also used her cool coat. But being in the shade felt so much cooler. The oppressive humidity hasn't started yet. Usually it doesn't matter where you stand, you are miserable.
The first run was our standard run. She missed the a-frame contact. More work to do there, not that I thought it would be fixed already. Then I had some late cues. I was late on the teeter and the weaves. My fault , big time. Then over the dogwalk and she didn't stop. So I brought her back and made her wait. Then after the chute I brought her around again so we could redo the dogwalk. This time she got it.



">
Here is the jumpers course. I again pulled her out of the weaves. Something else I'm still working on. I held her a little to long trying to make sure she got the correct tunnel entrance. She did. It felt like there was a lot of distance between the jump after the tunnel, to the next jump. (It doesn't look like it on video) . I was worried about that. But it didn't seem to matter. There also seem like a lot of distance after the jump I rear crossed to the next jump. I thought she would cross to tight and not make the jump. But she didn't . It was almost like she was slinged shot over the jumps in the curve. It was a beautiful run and I almost stopped just to watch her run. I didn't even want to look at the video because I didn't want it to change the way I felt about the run. I looks good on video but running it felt great.




">

I decided to run the standard course again to see if I could improve the dogwalk contact. As you can see things didn't go well. She thought we were taking the tire again but I change the way we were going to run the course and I clearly didn't cue the weaves . The dogwalk contact she got on the first pass, I went in to reward her and when I said "good girl" she broke. Then I think she thought she was wrong. So when I ran the contact again , she jumped it. One more time. I was going to run the contact if she did it, run out of the ring and give a party. Well she did it. I praised her and she didn't move. When I released her, she took the chute and then we ran out of the ring and she got a big reward of treats. Hopefully she new it was for the dogwalk contact and not the chute.

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Beautiful teeter! I liked how you continued on in a circle when she missed the weaves instead of turning into her and bringing her back.

I'm sure that dog walk problem will get better, she had some great contacts. She looks like such a fun dog to run! I love her weaves too, they look really fast and accurate.

(That Jumpers video didn't work, for me at least.)

Sara said...

I feel bad for the judge who had to stand in the sun watching the dogs! No chance of shade there.

Miley is so much fun to watch. At least you know what you need to work on. I am amazed she jumps off the A-Frame at that height. She is one brave little dog, or she is half dog/half bird.

Diana said...

Let me know if anyone else had problems viewing the video. thanks, Diana

Dawn said...

This is so much fun to watch! She is so FAST!! Awesome weaves. I had to watch the first one three times to see that you really did wave her out of the weaves too soon. Sara's right, she does jump off of the A-frame really high up, I think she likes to fly!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, she really starts running fast doesnt she? The speed in the weaves is awesome. The last dog walk contact looked really cool. You guys are looking really nice!

Lian said...

Miley's speed is awesome! She is so keen and confidence. It is good that you know what you need to work on.