Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Running contacts

I know I said that I wasn't going to do running contacts and that I was changing to a 2O/2O. But Miley couldn't change. She learned the 2O/2O but as soon as I put speed on her she would blow the contact. I tried doing a running on the a-Frame with just the hoop but she still would miss the yellow. So I put the stride regulators back on. It looks pretty good. Its still not up to full height. The dogwalk just has the hoops at the bottom.

I bought a couple of things from Smartpak. One thing I bought was a brake-fast bowl. Guiness eats so fast that by the time I get the chihuahuas bowls down , Guiness is done and barking to get out of his crate. The brake-fast bowl really works. I now get all the bowls down and Guiness finished at the same time as the chihuahuas. Miley eats very slow , so all the dogs always beat her. I also bought a cool coat for Miley. I'm going to a Chris Zink seminar this weekend and some of the stuff is outside. I measured Miley before ordering but some how I didn't measure correctly. So I had to reorder another one. It should be here Thursday.

The Chirs Zink seminar will be on structure and how it relates to different dog sports. Lameness conditioning and jumps training. She will also cover agility training, heeling, retrieving ans scent discrimination. I hope it will be good. I'm very interested in the importance of structure to performance and locomotion.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Can't wait to hear how the Chris Zink seminar goes. I am jealous!