Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Miley's home.


Miley is home from being spayed and microchipped. When I got her home, I was petting her. I noticed she had a lot of dried blood on her shoulders. When I started looking at the the area to see what the problem was and make sure nothing was wrong. Guess what I found? The microchip sitting in the dried bloody fur. Ugh!! When I called I don't think they believed me. They probably thought, "crap, the lady who is obsessive about her dog and this has to happen". So I took her back and sure enough it was the microchip. They said they were sorry they didn't notice all the blood on her. They cleaned her up and then rechipped her. So much for being chipped while under anesthesia. But she seems ok and is now resting.

4 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

poor Miley! She'll be feeling back to her normal self pretty quick- she looks pretty pitiful though!

that's too bad about the microchip- they might have slipped when putting it in the first time. normally there is no bleeding at all so maybe they didn't put it in far enough the first time. At least there is little to no pain with a chip!

Johann The Dog said...

Oh my gosh! My vet told me that inserting a Microchip hurts dogs, that's why they want to do it when they are under, say for something else. That's really sad~

Johann The Dog said...

Hope Miley feel great soon! Gracie wanted to play the next day...but she couldn't.

OBay Shelties said...

Ahh Poor Miley! give her lots of rest. Thanks for sharing the info on the C. Zink seminar; I think I went to one of her many years ago. It was after that when I started to no longer remove front dewclaws on my pups.