Tuesday, March 11, 2008

bicycle springer attachment



This is a harness that I bought for Guiness. I bought it off the Internet. You give them the neck size and chest size. I really like it. Its made of nylon with sheep skin fur around the chest, bottom and around neck. It fits Miley pretty well. A little loose in the ribs but I think that is OK. Its the right fit around the neck and chest. Ive only started the bicycle riding this week. We only do it for about 15 minutes at a trot. She does better then Guiness because Guiness likes to chase bicycles. I really have to run him so he stops trying to get the bicycle. Miley I can just trot which is what I want. The only problem is she wants to chase cars. So a car goes by and they slow down to stare at us which only makes Miley worse. She just gets excited and pulls to the side. But that is ok because the spring on the bicycle attachment adjust for that. It still make me nervous.
Ive been working on clicker training with Miley. I'm teaching her to get on the phone book and then move her back legs around the book. It took 3 days for her to learn to get her front feet on the book and keep them there.( my sessions are once or twice a day for 1-2 minutes) I did 2 days of just reinforcing front feet on the book. Yesterday , I started to click for any back feet movement. I find is very interesting how the dog figures out what you want or what makes you click. They will do different things to see if that makes you click but still maintain the first part of the trick. Who knew? Not me.

3 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

Oh cool harness, can you let me know where you purchased it - I'm looking for one for Johann and Gracie that doesn't have buckles in the front...

Great work on the phone book - seems that would be good exercise for upper body and back side...may have to give that a try!

Woofs, Johann

Diana said...

It has a tag on it that says "Windigo". I will look through my old emails and see if I can find it. Diana

Jules said...

Isn't clicker training a blast!?

I am working on the same trick with Ike to build up his rear and he loves it. He's such a goof. Training with the Clicker = FUN!