Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday adventures



Miley's legs must be feeling better. Twice when we were on the beach she jumped from the beach and into the front of the pontoon boat, which was up on the beach. Its a pretty good jump. Then when we got home. My daughter called her while she was sitting in a big over stuffed chair. It has very tall arms. Miley took a flying leap and jump the side of the chair, over the side arms and into my daughter lap.

We had lots of fun on the lake and Miley was very excited to be there. When we first got to the boat she just kept barking. It was as if she was telling us to hurry up and get to the beach. Guiness did much better swimming to day. I have been holding his tail up while he swims to keep his butt up. That way he uses his back legs and doesn't panic swim. Today after the first time of holding his tail up, he did the rest of the swimming himself keeping his back end up. Yea!!

When we were going home we saw this steam boat. I thought it was interesting and took some pictures of it. My grandfather is very into steam engines and builds miniature ones. So I'll email the steam boat pictures to my parents and then they can show my grandfather.


4 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like a really fun day. I didn't know shelties liked water. Wonder what Katie would do on a beach!

Johann The Dog said...

I know I'm not like a lot of shelties, but I absolutely love water. I would love to be able to swim like you two do, but there is just no clean water around here for it. Drat it all!

What fun you've been having!

Diana said...

I think most shelties dont like water. But each dog is different. Im using hotdogs to encourage them to get in the water. I think Miley is starting to like. Guiness, Im not so sure. He just likes running the edge barking at the waves.

Nicki said...

I love that top picture