Friday, September 26, 2008

Mileys first trial

Miley's first run was JWW. She did beautiful. I really thought she would be wild but she wasn't. My only real expectation was for her not to be stressed and leave the ring. Here is her run.

I'm not sure why she hit so hard into the weave poles. I was surprised she didn't come out of them. I had her messaged afterwards to try to ward off injury. She didn't seem injured. So ,she had a great run and took first place. Our next run was Standard. Now that is the Miley I know. She was crazy. The positives were: she didn't break her start line stay. She stayed with me. She did the teeter and the last 4 jumps well. She didn't drop any bars. But the mistakes were: jumped the contacts on the dogwalk and a-frame. Went into the wrong end of the tunnel. Didn't do the weaves. Didn't do the chute. One thing I'm not sure of is if I was giving her commands. I do remember saying table and sit. O'yea, that was the other thing. She jumped on and off the table several times. The table seemed low to me, so she easily stepped on and off the table. So I didn't make her redo much. I did bring her around me to get on the a-frame, but I think that was it. She was crazy. If I ever get the first video loaded, I will then try for the next one. The second video isn't as good as the first. I think my husband was trying to get to close.

4 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

Great JWW run! Looked like pros out there, very, very nice!

In early stages I used to jump off the table but only in USDAA - Mum started sending me and that worked really well.

You guys had so much fun!!!! Big congrats on the first place!

Chris and Ricky said...

Awesome job! Your jumpers run was fantastic - Miley is so FAST!!!! And even with a few mistakes in the standard run, she still looks good and is fast and seems to be having a great time! Congratulations!

Dawn said...

She looked like she had a great time! And now your first experience is behind you, and you know what to work on for the next time! Congratulations on the first place on her first run!!

manymuddypaws said...

congrats! she is looking great out there! Lots of confidence for sure and that is the best part!