Friday, September 5, 2008

Hair, skin and legs


Ive been trying to get a good picture of Miley. I couldnt get one . This was the best I could do. I wanted a picture that shows her coat. About 2 weeks after she was spayed ,she started blowing her coat. Tons of her undercoat fell out. I think all of it did. And it hasn't come back. She was spayed in June. In the above picture her chest hair is thin and short. On her underside, she has a few thin hairs hanging down but not much. You can see her collar easily which you never use to . Guiness sheds all year round and never blows his whole coat. It is definitely easier this way. I hope her undercoat comes back in for winter. Its only the beginning of September and it wont start to get cold probably until November so there is plenty of time. ( Miley is still beautiful)
Guiness's round spot on his face came back negative for ringworm. Its still there and it might be a little better. They told me to keep treating it with the lotrmin cream and if its not better by next week, bring him in.
Ive been worried about Miley dropping the bars when she is running. I don't see anything wrong but I just don't want anything to happen to her. So I haven't done any agility with her for a week. I'm going to wait one more week and then start again and see how she does. Last Friday I had set up one jump and then the weaves. It was the first set up of the day. She was running a wide turn and then came to the jump. She crashed the jump but made the weave poles. So that really bother me. I think what happened was she saw the jump at first but was late seeing the weaves. Then she tried to collect right before the jump to make the weaves and something had to give as she put on the brakes to late. But it scared me and I decided right then to take 2 weeks off.

3 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Mom wonders why I have never blown my coat (I'm almost 19 months old now) and I shed very little. She's happy about that but finds it curious. Maybe it's different with male pups. Miley is still a beautiful dog!

Did you get lots of rain from Hanna?

Diana said...

No we didnt get much rain. It just kept looking like it was going to rain. Diana

Johann The Dog said...

I blew my coat at about a year and never got it back. But we are unsure of my heritage. Since I haven't had any major injuries, I have been getting half my coat back in the winter, but this year I blew it all out again. Clumps were everywhere! Now I look like a scrawny pup. Will be interesting to see what happens this year.

Wonder if you've tried a jump shoot with Miley? I did it about once a week during my first year of training. Just curious if you've thought about it?

Woofs, Johann