Friday, September 26, 2008

First AKC trial

Today will be Miley's first AKC agility trial. I signed her up for jumpers and standard but not fast. She isn't really ready to trial because her contacts aren't great but I did it just for fun. I have to work the trial anyway , so I thought she might as well come. The weather has changed drastically in the last week. From 95 degrees and oppressive to 67 degrees and cool and windy. I think this has effected how Miley is running. Yesterday she was just willy nilly. Running fast but if a jump was in the way and going to slow her down she by passed it. I was thinking , "at least her weaves are good". But in the last 2 days she will collect to get into the weaves and then you will see her accelerate out of maybe pole 3 and by pass the rest of the poles. I see her thinking, " crap, this is slowing me down, forget this". Silly dog. So my only expectation for this weekend is that it be fun and she stay with me on course. I don't care if she by passes obstacles or misses contact. I mostly want her first trial to be fun. So that is my goal. The only bad this is that some freak storm formed off the coast yesterday and has come on shore into South Carolina. So its raining and windy. Yuk!!

6 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Good luck! We'll be excited to see how Miley does at her first AKC trial! I can't wait for mine!

The Musketeers said...

Wow , all four lovely dogs you have ! & Roxy sure is a unique Chihuahua (:

Jules said...

Good Luck!!

GeeRome said...

Good luck at the trial!! Have a blast :D

Dawn said...

Good luck to you and Miley! And especially have fun! I hope it doesn't rain on you too much!

dreameyce said...

Oh my, isn't she just ADORABLE!