Saturday, September 20, 2008

Silly dog

This morning I woke up at 7am. I sat straight up in a panic. Miley never lets me sleep until 7am.( Its like when your baby sleeps more than 3 hours at night. You wake up and realize the baby didn't wake you up. You panic and run into their room to make sure they are ok. And they are just sleeping) Once she let me sleep until 6:30am. And when I opened my eyes. Miley was standing over me, nose to nose. She was probably thinking, " Are you dead? Don't you know there are balls to chase, walks to go on, food to dish out and bars to jump?" So this morning, I was thinking, "OMG she is dead. She choked on a toy" . But she wasn't. She didn't look like she felt well. My husband was already awake and he said that Miley let him hold her. Now that's a shock. Being held, in Mileys opinion, is for sissies. Life is for running and playing, none of that touchy feely stuff. I took Miley outside and she went to the bathroom and then got on the dogwalk waiting to run. That was a good sign. I brought her up on the deck to go inside, but she wouldn't come. I told my husband she looks like she is going to vomit. And right then she did. And now she is back to normal. Playing , running and eating.
I did some jumping grids with her last night. It was interesting. On all the collection jumps, she didnt drop on bar. But on the extension grids she did. Twice she dropped the first bar. I was video taping , but I couldnt get all the jumps in the frame so I didnt see what she did. Another time she dropped the 3rd bar. That one I caught on tape and she hit it with her front feet. I dont know what that means but I guess we need to work on extension . One thing I have notice when running her. If I get to far in front of her, I think she panics and really speeds up. Then she will drop a bar. But Im only trying to be where I can cross. Not sure what to do about that but practice.
Well, Im off to make the baskets for the judges for the AKC trial we host next weekend.

No comments: