Monday, September 30, 2013

Finally the trial days ended

Well , the trial is finally done.  Thank goodness!! It was just to much for me.  I cant even imagine how they put on huge trials or nationals.  So lots of fibromyalgia pain all 4 days. The doctor has been changing my medications around and its not helping at all. Things are worse. So I called them today and the upped the dose. Will see if it helps.  I went to work for a couple of hours but I just felt to bad and had to go home.

Thursday was set up day.  Only me and one other person worked the whole day.  I had several people show up for a couple of hours each , thank goodness for that. But it was still rough.  I paid a guy to drive the stakes into the dirt because its just to hard for us. Lucky, he stayed around and helped unload the truck and put up the ring gating.  Im not sure why because we've used the same trucking company and asked for the same guys but they werent prepared. There was no ramp on the truck and they didnt have a dolly with big wheels. What the heck???   So eveytime  they had to take big things off the truck, they had to lower the back deck. It took forever. I told them  that when they come back on Monday to pick the stuff up, they need to have a ramp and a dolly. So hopefully they did that.

Friday started with the battery packs, that bring power to the rings to run the timer box and the microphones for fast, were dead.  So I had to run electrical cords to the rings through the dirt. I had to dig two trenches and bury the cords so no one tripped on them. Not fun.  On of the electrical cords for the microphone box was missing, so the judge just had to shout out the numbers in FAST.

I dont have much video. It was hard just getting everything done , let alone remember to find someone tape me.   I entered Java in Novice FAST. She had a beautiful run. Flowing and  just almost perfect. So she Qed.  Then Open standard she flew off the teeter. I dont think it even tipped but everything else was good.  A friend of mine ran in this class to with her sheltie.  We were talking afterwards and I told her I was pretty sure she Qed.  She had to redo the weaves but I told her she is allowed a refusal in Open.  I told her she better go check. I saw her a little while later and she told me Java got first place. I was shocked. The judge didnt call the teeter. I asked another fried and she watched the run and said that they judge didnt call the teeter. Weird. Java is one lucky dog.  So we got our 3rd Q and moved up to excellent.  Miley's standard run was very nice but she dropped the bar on the triple. That was the only bar she dropped all weekend. whoohoo. I dont remember what happened in Jumpers but we didnt Q.  We were very short on help on Friday. It was rough. In jumpers I was timer and scribe for the 8 inch dogs. Then ran and got Miley, on my way back to the ring, they are calling my name. So we went right into the ring and it didnt go well. Then I walked standard only twice. Then ran Java in jumpers, it didnt go well either. Off course into the tunnel. Then came out of the ring and  one of the doubles jumps 8 inch cup broke off in the open standard ring. Lucky I had extra strips to replace it with. So I replaced it. They went and got my dog, Java to run. It was very crazy. This lady was mad because she had a conflict between Open and excellent.   Well so did I and I ran my dogs plus did more. It didnt matter what I said to this lady she was mad. She wanted me to stop one of the rings. The judge wouldnt do it. Thats not my fault.She could have talked to the judge.  She sent me an email that night too. Then at the end of the day, the judges phone and computer were gone. There was a guy their that kept talking to him. The guy looked like he didnt belong. I never saw the guy be several other people did. The judge felt sure this guy stole his stuff. I felt so bad but the judge was very nice about it. He sure was a nice guy with a great attitude.

Saturday I had new battery packs. I had gone to Walmart Friday night an bought new ones.  So I didnt have to worry about those electrical cords in the ground coming up.  Saturday was much better. We had about 30 more handlers so that really help with ring crew help. I made lots of mistakes running my dogs so it didnt go well. I didnt enter FAST so I could help in the rings. Also, the lady who complained yesterday and sent me the email didnt show up to work. Hmmmm. She came later in the day.  For some reason the teeter kept getting stuck and not resetting itself. It was the one we use at the field all the time and have never had that problem. We took it apart and WD40 the pin in the middle. That seem to have fixed it.  The guy who we think stole the phone and computer showed up again. I called the police and he came and talked with the guy. The guy was out on parole for burglary.  The police couldnt make him leave but gave him a stern warning that we were pretty sure he took the stuff and if anything else came up missing , the cop was coming back for him. So I had to talk to the cop and I went back to the ring to walk and the judge blew the whistle. I only walked twice. I knew I could have gone and talked to the judge to ask for more time to walk  but it probably wouldnt have made a difference.  I ran both my dogs poorly.  At the end of the day was T2B.  And I was really tired. I decided to do all rear crosses. I didnt have the energy to try to make a front. And both my dogs Qed.   Java had the fastest time of all the dogs that ran T2B. Whoohoo Java. And that was with all rears, which were kinda wide.

Sunday was kinda rough with workers again.  More of the same, work the 8 inch dogs , then go get my dogs and run. Lost the table leg and spent most of my walk thru looking for it. Finally found it. The teeter, the other teeter, kept sticking. So we swapped out the teeter. I dont know what the heck it wrong with those dumb things. The breakaway tire, had lost it felt circle thing in between the magnets. It makes it break at the right pressure. Not sure what I did with the extra felt things I bought. So I just switched out the tire, with the other one. (they werent using it in the other ring)
No Q today for us. Java kept breaking her stay, so I will need to work on that.  Miley tried really hard and my bad handling kept screwing her up. Ugh!!  One time I had a beautiful jumpers run going and I front crossed wrong and was in front of the weaves, so she couldnt make the entry. ACK!!.  Anyway, its over and done. So glad!!  Lots of people worked really really hard to keep things going. Ive gotten a few nice emails thanking us for putting on a nice trial.
And I just found out that the items that were stolen were found on Sunday. They were placed in a plastic Food Lion bag and under the person's car by the drivers seat. I guess that person had a change of heart.


Helen said...

Wow, you and Java have great rear crosses!

I wouldn't want to organize a trial; fun matches and classes were too much for me, part of the reason I didn't join the local club this year. Good on you for putting in the effort for your club.

Sara said...

Wow! That sounds like A LOT of work. Don't know how you did it all.

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Chris and Ricky said...

I don't know how you do it all either. Congratulations on putting on another successful trial. Now next time, let someone else do it! :)

Dawn said...

Sounds stressful. I think you have done your duty and you don't have to be in charge of a trial ever again! It's someone else's turn for sure!