Friday, November 5, 2010

No computer


My laptop is having problems for the last several weeks.  Some thing is wrong with the "C" drive.  First I lost all my pictures.   Insert massive panic!   My son was able to help me and  fix part of the "C" drive that was corrupt and I got the pictures back.   But there are still corrupt files in the "C" drive so I am unable to open Internet Explorer on my computer.  Any software that uses Internet explorer will not open.  The only way I can get on the Internet is through google chrome.   Its very irritating and I lost all my favorites that I was using.  So if I havent visited your site its probably because I can no longer find you. Ugh!!  So if you leave me a comment to I can link to you blog that would be great.  The last couple of days Ive been moving all my pictures, videos and  documents onto an external hard drive.  It still didnt fix the "C" drive.  So I dropped it off last night to have someone look at it and hopefully fix it.      I will not be able to post any pictures until I get it back.  I had already had this picture on a saved post and thats why it here.

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Man, that's tough. I know I panic when I think I've lost pictures! I moved all my photos to an external hard drive too. Of course then I immediately went out and took more that aren't over there. Oh well! At least most of them would be saved in a crisis.

The dogs are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gosh! How horrible!!
I hope all gets fixed soon!
Losing pictures is no fun at all!

Lian said...

Oh, sorry to hear you have problem with your laptop. It is very annoying when something went wrong, we rely too much on the computer nowadays.

I find IE a lot of trouble since I switch to Win 7, so I am now using Mozilla Firefox for internet and I have to say, I am happy with it. It took me 2 months to get used to it though!

Good Luck with your laptop.

Chris and Ricky said...

What a huge drag! Glad you didn't lose all your pictures though. Good luck with the laptop and hope it gets fixed soon!

Noah said...

We will feel for you. Ours crashed a few weeks back. Most of our pictures were backed up on Walgreens but the recent ones we had taken were lost. That hurt. Hopefully you and your computer will have a complete recovery.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

;-( so sorry to hear about your sick computer, you dont realize how much of your life is all book marked on those computers until they mess up....hope everything gets fixed SOON!!!!!!----Kathy

Sara said...

Ugh! What a bummer.

There is a way to import all your bookmarks to your Google account, that way you can access them from any computer or when your pc crashes. If you have a Google tooth bar hit the blue star. It should give you some options.

tervnmal said...

Totally agree with Kathy, you don't realize how much of your life and your friends are in your computer until they disappear! Good luck working it all out.

Marie said...

I'd be in such a panic if I lost all my pictures. I'm glad you were able to get yours back and hopefully the computer people will have everything back and running normally soon!

Patti and DeBoys said...

We feel your pain also...mine crashed a few months ago and I am still coming across things that I realized I don't have anymore.

I have a LOVE vs HATE relationship with my computer -- Love it when it does what it is suppose to do...keep me organized.
and -- Hate it when things go wrong.