Sunday, January 27, 2008

Practice today


We went out to the practice Field for our club today. I didn't know they were having a practice session for a class. So I decided to wait until they were done because it takes over 30 minutes to get there. But the instructors were nice and said I could come in a practice too. I was happy about that because I wanted to see how Miley would do around other dogs. She did great. They all had their dogs on leash. But I took Miley off leash. She had no problems focusing and doing what was asked of her. She didn't try to go visit the other dogs. There were cars going by and she ignored them too. Something I need to work on is calling my commands sooner. Guiness was very forgiving of this but not Miley. The other thing I need to remember is to push for speed. I tend to think to much about what I am doing and forget about pushing for speed. So I wrote myself a note. Tomorrow is Guiness's appt. with the vet. I hope that the ortho vets thinks the pop in his leg is something.