Wednesday, January 23, 2008

cold and raining

It feels like weeks since we have had good weather. Its either raining or freezing cold. Its hard to make yourself go out and train in this kinda weather. I don't know how the people up North take it.
I usually walk the 2 shelties first and the chihuahuas second. But today the shelties wouldn't come to the door for their collars and leashes. But the chihuahuas did. So I took the chihuahuas first. Boy were the shelties shocked. They were ready and waiting when I got back.
I ran Miley over the dogwalk this afternoon. Its only 16 inches off the ground. I'm doing a running contact. First because I think is demotivated Guiness to stop all the time when running courses. Also I couldn't maintain them when I went to trails. So I decided to teach Miley a running contact. She has been doing well until today. Both runs she jumped the contact. I had the targets out there but without food. So I waited a while and ran them again, this time with food on the target and she was perfect. So I decided to add a clicker when she hits the bottom of the contact. I haven't used a clicker yet, so today we started learning what a clicker is. She was a little hesitant at first with the noise the clicker made, but quickly go over it.

No comments: