Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Begining

This is my first blog. I have been reading other peoples blogs about their dogs and some that talk about dog agility. So I decided to try a blog myself.
Guiness was in rehab last week. I picked him up on Friday. He has been doing the underwater treadmill, heated US, laser therapy, ROM and acupuncture. On Saturday when I was extending his left rear leg I felt a pop in my hand. It happened every time I extended his leg. We have been doing extension exercises on him but this time the vet wanted me to do it while he was on his back and resting between my legs. I felt the pop on Sunday and Monday too. So I made an appt. with the ortho vet for next Monday. I'm hoping it is something that will help figure out what is wrong with him. It has been frustrating not being able to figure out what is wrong. 3 ortho vets, 2 regular vets and 2 rehab vets and nothing has been found. I talked to the rehab vet tonight. And she felt the pop too when he was there last week but the message didn't get passed on to me. She thinks it is instability in his knee. So now we wait and see what the ortho vet thinks.

Training with Miley can be overwhelming. She is 8 months old and I want to do everything right. So when you think of all the things there are to work on with a puppy , and there is a lot, its overwhelming. Today we went to the park and I threw the "chuck-it" for her. She loves that. I mainly just use it for a "go on" command and to burn off energy. She gets very excited when doing agility. She runs around you in a circle and unable to focus. So we have been doing focus work. I have been trying to teach a front cross and she has picked it up easily. My problems sometimes start when I start running. She gets excited and sometimes goes wide around jumps. I just ignore it and keep running. I don't want to slow her down. I did that with Guiness , trying to make everything perfect.

No comments: