Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Practice


Miley has been having a lot of problems with weave entries. She had lots of problems yesterday. I talked with Meagan , and figured out she is probably not collecting to make the entries. Yesterday I ran Miley at a friends house to practice contacts. She was flying and lost control going over the dogwalk. I thought she was going to fly off head over heels. It was very scary because there was nothing I could do to stop it. Luckily she jumped off and saved herself. She also crashed two jumps. I wasn't pushing her for speed so I'm note sure what is going on. I think this is something she needs to figure out herself. So it makes sense that she is not collecting. Plan for today: I set up the weaves with two jumps in front that will force her to collect. The jump closest to the weaves is 6 feet from the weave entry. I was only able to move the jumps 19 inches off center and still get a successful entry. So lots of work to do there. I marked the lawn with spray paint so I know were I started and finished. ( you start with the jumps directly in front of the weave and move them around the clock to work entries) when working this Miley was pretty slow. Hopefully she was thinking.
I ran her twice on the dogwalk. The first time she ran down to the bottom and stopped right before she would go into a 2o/2o. I just waited and didn't say anything. It took her about 15 seconds and then she stepped into the 2o/2o. I then put her on the table with a release to the dogwalk. This time she did a perfect 2o/2o but after receiving the treat,she released herself into the tunnel. Smart dog, she know the routine. Guess I'm going to have to change that.

1 comment:

Chris and Ricky said...

Good exercise - we'll give it a try!