Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Eclipse and Weave poles

My goal is to start blogging again.  It helps me keep track of training and just life in general.
Yesterday was the Eclipse. In Columbia, SC we were in an area that would have a total eclipse for about 2 1/2 minutes.  Many people traveled to Columbia to see it.  All hotels were sold out. Crazy , huh?
I did buy the glasses, which was stressful since there were lots of people selling fake ones. How scary is that??  Fake glasses that could burn your eyes so you will have black spots for the rest of your life.   I didnt buy the filter for my camera because I didnt think I would care that much about the eclipse but then when it came, I wish I had the filter. That figures.
These pictures where taken with my cell phone. I cut one of the glasses we had and put the filter from the glasses over the camera lens. I did have to change the setting on my phone to "Pro" and change the shutter speed.




Now these arent great but it gives you an idea of what we were seeing when we looked up into the sun.

Then night came. I video taped it.  This was  off my back deck. You can see into my neighbors yard and their TV must be on.




Night only last 2 1/2 minutes but it was cool.  I didnt notice my dogs acting any different.   Then it was over and we all went back to our lives. LOL

Ive been finally working on getting Zoey's weave poles done. So since I got back from my trip, Ive been working hard and Ive almost have the poles closed.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I've seen a total eclipse when I was a kid, it was cool. Hope to see the next one that comes near here.

I wouldn't be able to put food down for Keltic like that he would blow right by the weaves. We use a lotus ball.