Tuesday, June 11, 2013

USDAA SE Regionals

Well we went to South East Regionals this pass weekend.  We had the most Q's ever just not in the important classes. LOL

I actually got to leave work early on Friday  for the first time ever. Im not sure why they did that but I was happy.  So I got to Perry at 5pm instead of 9pm like I thought I would.  I got to set my stuff up and let the dogs play a little in the fields.   I stayed with a friend, at her house, which was nice. The only weird thing was Java just kept whining. Usually she does that if she has to go outside but I took her out multiple times and she didnt go.  Finally at 2:30am I just put ear plugs in my ears. Then at 3:30am, Miley starts jumping on my back. I took her outside , she had to go. So we finally slept from 3:30 to 5:30. 
I had to be there early to get Java measured.  She is still under 16 inches. Yay!!  She got a CMJ measurement so because she is within an inch of the cut off she needs one more measurement at 3 years old.  But we are good until she is three.

I dont remember the order of the classes.
Miley ran Speedjumping. I knew the weave pole entry was going to be tough for her because she has been having trouble getting onside weaves lately.



So we missed the weave pole entry but thats only time, no faults.  We ended up in 10th place. Those slow a-frames are killing us time wise.  But we were good enough to move on to the finals.

I think next was Java's gamblers run.  I couldnt find a course map.  I had someone taping but she forgot to pay attention and missed filming most of the run. Of course it was an awesome run. Java was on fire. She Qed and took first place.

Then I think was Java's standard run.

Right before this run, Java kept whining again. I just dont know what is wrong with this dog. Well right after the run, I take her outside, and she barely made it outside before she pooped. Oops, I felt bad. Poor dog had to go to the bathroom and I made her run the course.
I wanted to blind cross the a-frame to the tunnel. I was late and she didnt read the blind , so she missed the tunnel. (funny thing, she did better in practice then Miley on the blinds. But Miley read the blinds this weekend and Java didnt)



Java's dogwalk contacts were bad all weekend.  She leap them all. Not sure why he didnt call this one, maybe because we already NQed.

This didnt go to well for Miley and I.  She jumped the a-frame contact and then crashed the #5jumps. (it looked bad)  But the ending was nice. Since I had already blown it I wasn going to try this blind cross. I sent her to #13 and then ran to blind her coming out of the tunnel. I did it too!!

Last up Master Challengers. Not sure why I entered this.

She broke her startline, and I let her run. Im not sure why I let her continue on. It didnt even occur to me until 2am when I woke up with a headache, what she had done. Even when some lady came up to  to me after my run and said "your dog was naughty", I thought that was weird. Why did she say that to me?  LOL  So because she broke, I was behind and we went off course. Ugh! 

Some where in the day I was working Advance /PII standard.  I was leash running and ring crew. I keep hearing them call "Miley".  Finally I lean over the fence and look at the board. Yup, its Miley and I signed up to run. I didnt realized I had signed up for this class. So I tell the gate Steward that I didnt realize I was running the class and just scratch me off. She said, "no, go get your dog and Ill move you to the bottom". (there were only 6 - 12 inch dogs). I told her it was ok but she insisted. So I went and got Miley. We ran and the freaking dog was  perfect. We didnt walk the course or anything. LOL go figure.  

The next night Java slept. Yay!!!  No whining. I did wake up with a headache at 2am.  But after taking some Motrin, I went back to sleep.

This day was just conflicts for me all day. Every single time I was in a tournament class, I was running in the other ring at the exact same time. Ugh. I know they are ok with conflicts but it causes me stress. No matter how much I try to wish it away. I had to  have people hold my one dog and then switch dogs  to go in the next ring.  Plus my headache was back and I had to take Imitrex. I dont know if you have ever had to take that but it makes me nauseous and makes my arms and legs feel weird. I cant explain it, its just a weird feeling. And I was having an upset stomach too. None of this was the reason I screwed up my runs, that was just me. I was either late or  I didnt cue my dog. Ugh.  I had my husband watching the live feed and then forgot to tell him when I was  going to be up soon.  Poor guy.

Miley was up in standard PII first. I figured this was a throw away run. I could fix her start line or jumped contacts if needed.

The freaking dog was perfect again. Two standard Qs in one weekend. It took us 4 years to get 3 PI standards Q's and now two in one weekend. Go figure. LOL




Javas run in standard and Mileys run here were at the same time. I messed up by not calling Miley coming out of the  #9  tunnel, plus my motion pushed her wide.  I should have called her name and been down the line more. Ugh. I was so upset with myself.

Next Grand Prix.

 I didnt trust leaving my dog in the weaves , so I waited and then I was to far behind and she went off course after #7. Ugh!  I should have trusted her.

This is just a combined video of my messed up runs from Sunday on Miley.



I messed up Java's snooker run.  I blinded the tunnel and she came to the wrong side. Tweet!

Last up were the jumpers runs. Java in starters and Miley in PII.  Java had an awesome run!!
I felt like I really needed to front cross after the #11 tunnel. I didnt think a pull would be a strong enough cue.   When I sent her to the tunnel, I felt like I had more than enough time to make the cross but I didnt.  She Qed. Whoohoo Java!



Last up was Miley's PII jumpers run.

Again she was wide coming out of the tunnel even with me calling her name. She zoomed around the ring (stressed) , came back, got back on course and Qed. LOL, only Miley.   

So Miley got  4 Qs this weekend. Unheard of for us. Whoohoo!!  Java got two.  I'm thinking of putting a stop on Java's running dogwalk. Its just to hard to maintain.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome job! All 3 of you looked great!

I want to slap the person who said "your dog was naughty". Who says that? I swear, some people never get out of middle school.

Helen said...

Nice job!! Awesome weave entry in Miley's standard. Fun to think we were running our Regional events on the same weekend. Beckett broke his start line twice on the weekend. I call him a "cheater".

Chris and Ricky said...

Great weekend, all in all!

Merinda said...

Great job! Congrats!

Nicki said...

Woohoo!

Lian said...

Miley was awesome!! She ran so well!! Java is still a baby so making some baby mistakes but she is pretty good too. Well done you guys!