Thursday, April 23, 2009

running a-frame

><(Im not sure the above video came thur the post. Im where I cant see it. If its not there, I ll add it tonight. Sorry)
Since Miley is hitting high on her second hit on the down of the a-frame, I decided to put a bar at the top of the a-frame. This will make her jump the apex more and bring her into the yellow on the second hit. It looks like it is working. And the best thing of all, she did it all for a toy. WhooHoo!
Yesterday we worked on weave poles and jump chutes. With the weave poles, I could pull away and she wouldn't pop out on 6 poles. But not so on the 12 poles. Every time I started to move away, she pulled out. So I guess I'm going to put a target at the end of the poles to keep her in there while I pull away.
Miley is still going for the underwater treadmill but now its twice a week. I thought she had a couple of funny looking jumping styles in the Standard course at ASSA. The first jump and the jump after the tunnel she took weird . So I set up some jump chutes at home on Tuesday and videoed each run down the line. Most of them looked fine but once she did that funny looking jumping style. So I took the video to the rehab vet yesterday. She thought Miley wasn't taking off the proper distance from the jump and was trying to correct herself with her body. She didn't think Miley was trying to compensate for an injury. So I will work more on jump chutes for her to learn the correct take off point.

On another note. My husband has been working hours on my laptop. It has problems. You will be working on it and it will just turn off. Then sometimes you cant get it to turn back on and you have to take the battery out for a few minutes and try again. It gets stuck on pages and you cant do anything but shut it down. It keeps deleting the audio device. We keep wanting to send it back to the company because its still under warranty. But they keep saying , just try this more more thing. The last "thing" was completely shutting down all the systems in the computer and the reload all the software. I had back up all my files through Norton security. Well guess what, it wont reload. My husband work with the Norton people from 8pm-12:30 am trying to fix and its still not working. Its not that big a deal except all my pictures and videos were on there. I did do a separate back up just for pictures in December and I have kept several chips from my cameras and just bought new chips. I heard that those chip will last forever , where DVD's wont. So I haven't lost everything. But I'm sure a few things are gone if we cant reload the Norton stuff.
( Im sending this from where I cant see the video, so I hope it loads with this post.)

5 comments:

Dawn said...

She looks good! Hope the computer problems settle out, that's so annoying!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

that Aframe is looking nice and so glad that Miley is staying looking sound. Hope that computer stuff gets handled, that is the pits!

Sara said...

I can see the video. Miley looks great. I think the box method is so much better for those super fast dogs like Miley.

My mom just had to send her laptop back to compaq for a new motherboard, because it deleted devices. So annoying.

Natasha said...

Wow, her strides look perfect, she landing from the apex right in the middle of the blue and then hitting the yellow really nicely!

~Nat

Lian said...

lovely running contact!