Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our practice today

I know that practice didn't look that good but it didn't feel terrible. On the last part of the video you cant see the last pole pop out because of the tree. I think I'm going to lay off the weave poles for a few days and work on handle skills for the next several days. I took Miley to a friends house again yesterday and the weave pole thing started again. She has channel weaves. Maybe Miley just doesn't like them. I didn't use a toy today but yesterday I traded a toy and food a couple of times with out problems.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Very nice 2o/2o! You guys look great!

Chris and Ricky said...

I agree - awesome 2o2o! You have a great backyard set-up! I'm jealous!

manymuddypaws said...

for your contacts I think that overall she is understanding where she is supposed to be- but I do have a few suggestions- you should always reward head down- not up- and ahead not curled. You could switch to a clear target too as you probably would have more success if she wasn't looking for the big white target. It is hard to fade the big plate away.

Wicca had lots of weave entry problems- I fixed it by doing lots, and lots, and lots of three poles. That way I can reward for the entrances. By the time the dog has weaved 12 poles the reward at the end is essentially weaving 12 poles- not for getting the entries.

Just some ideas.

Diana said...

Thanks Amanda. I didnt have a target out at first but when I noticed she wasnt driving to the bottom, I decided to put a big target out to encourage her to only stop when her front feet hit the grass. I think maybe I need to go more back chaining. The 3 poles is a good idea. thanks, Diana