Monday, December 8, 2008

My dogs are trying to kill themselves

Last night Roxy fell off the back of the couch. She thinks she is a cat. So she climbs on everything just like a cat. On the counter tops, table tops, the edge of the bath tub and on top of the computer table. She also will climb inside the ferret cage to eat the ferret food. Crazy dog. She likes to sleep and stand on the back of the couch. Last night my husband called and said Roxy fell off the back of the couch and cried but she seems ok. She doesn't appear to be hurt. I guess she has nine lives like a cat too. ( just so you know, she weights about 3.5 lbs. and its at least a 3 foot fall to the floor). The couch cant go any where else and fit in the room. So most of the couch is again the wall except the end recliner. I now have memory foam on the floor in case it happens again. She was probably trying to jump to the counter.
This morning Miley found a small Christmas light when coming home on her morning walk. That's what I get for walking in 28 degree weather. I got it out of her mouth but she had already crunched it. I'm pretty sure I got most of it. I fed her hoping that if she did swallow some tiny piece it would be surrounded by food and not do any damage on its way through. And besides if I tried to make her vomit it, it might do more damage. Plus I wasn't even positive she swallowed the tiny piece. Maybe no Christmas tree for us this year since Miley is acting like a toddler. Ha!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

My previous 21 pound sheltie liked to sleep on the back of the sofa like a cat. We got used to it (and she never fell off) but it sure surprised people that came to visit. She could see out the window from up there, so that's where she stayed till she got very old and couldn't get on the sofa anymore.

Jules said...

Oh my goodness. Exciting - and not in the best way!

Sara said...

All of my shelties have pretty much spent all of their lazy time on the back of our loveseat - looking out the window. We call it the dog couch. Each of them has had a fall or two when they spot the UPS guy and slipped between the couch and the radiator.

What was Miley thinking eating a Christmas light? Maybe the person hung them right after eating their thanksgiving dinner, and the light still smelled liked turkey.

Chris and Ricky said...

Really what are dogs thinking some times - they act like they never get fed and have to eat whatever is available! I'm not saying I have ever done such a thing!! But the other day my cousin Wilson ate a twist tie - now why?

Diana said...

When I was a kid we had a collie. One time he ate a whole spool of thread. He had the thread sticking out of his mouth ,so my mom was just going to pull it out. It just kept coming and coming. The whole spool. Ha. Diana

Sara said...

My first dog ate the tape portion of a cassette tape. We didn't know it until he started pooping it out. We (my husband) then had to start pulling it out because the dog was really struggling. Like the thread, it kept coming and coming.....It must have been one of those 120 minute tapes.

Dumb dog.