Monday, December 1, 2008

Funny things ( dogs and kids)

The other day I said to my husband, "Do you want to go out to eat?" As soon as I said "eat" all the dogs stopped what they were doing , stood like statues and stared at me. Like they understood what the word eat means. It was very funny.


A few days before that, the gate was open that blocks the dogs from going upstairs. So Miley starts to go thur the gate. I said, "Hey, if you have to go to the bathroom, you go outside not upstairs". She turned around and went out the dog door outside. It was like she knew what I said. Now maybe the dogs new what "eat " means but how could Miley know what I was saying. It just stuck me as funny.


When we first moved here we lived in an apartment while we looked for a house. My son, who was in the third grade then, wanted some cereal. He was looking in the refrigerator and asked where the milk was. I told him, its right there. He said he didn't see it. ( we call that " looking like a man." You might have to actually move something to find the item) So now him and are are getting frustrated. He finally says, "All I see is "PET" milk. And I'm not drinking milk that is for animals". It was very funny. He didn't understand that "PET" is the brand name and its wasn't for pets.




When Stephanie was maybe 3 years old she was walking past a picture of herself that was on the book shelf. The picture was taken when she was about 18 months old. She was a bald baby and it took a while for her hair to grow. So in the picture her hair is still pretty short. Well she walks pass the picture and says to me, " why would you cut my hair like that?" But the way she said it was like a teenager would say something. I told her I didn't cut your hair, that was all the hair you had. All she said was "oh" and kept walking. Its funny that a 3 year old would think about how her hair was cut.






Then there was the time I was trying to get them ready for a Christmas picture. Stephanie was 5 I think. I washed her hair and blew dried it. I went down stairs to get something. When I came back upstairs she had completely wet her hair back down. Now understand that we are on a a time schedule. You don't want to get ready to early, or they get messy. But then you start to worry you are going to be late for the appointment. So I get back upstairs to her standing there we her hair all wet. I said,"What did you do". She said, "You made me look like a boy. " OMG, I was so upset. How could she even think she looked like a boy. Now we had to start the hair thing all over again. She also told me, "Its my hair and I can do what I want with it." Ok, you would expect that from an older kid, not from you sweet 5 year old. I was mad by this point. I told her "its not your hair. You came out of me so its my hair until I say so". I know, dumb, but I was mad. So we finally get it together and we are getting ready to go and she says, " He not allow to touch me." She was referring to when the photographer set the kids up for the picture and has one kid put his hand on the other kids shoulder. I just said "fine, lets go". Its funny how the picture looks so sweet and no one knows what choas went on before hand.











3 comments:

Sara said...

My dogs know many words, and run for certain rooms when they hear these - "bed", "cookie", "dinner", "outside", "hungry", .... So, I believe Miley understood you!

I laughed about the typical male issue of not moving anything around in the fridge! If it is not right in their face, they just give up. I didn't realize it began at such a young age :)

And I think your daughter's hair looks lovely!

Dawn said...

Your kids are beautiful, and with time you're laughing at all the stuff that happened back then...got to love it! And yep, Miley definitely knows more words than she might like you to realize she knows!

Chris and Ricky said...

Cute photos of your kids - they're probably not happy that you shared them though :)

I know tons of words - I am constantly listening to mom for one of the key words that means fun (or food) is coming my way!

Thanks for sharing your family stories!